Things That Have Happened Since April 29, 2009
1. My boyfriend and I took a hike around the lake at Big Bone Lick State Park in Kentucky. We also saw the following animals: one Canadian Goose sitting on its nest; several Bison. (May 3, 2009)
2. Went on many bike-toodles.
3. The water in my apartment was threatened to be shut off. I do not pay directly for water. (May 19, 2009)
4. I have decided that once my lease ends, I'm moving out of this apartment.
5. Hot. Sunny. Humid. Sticky hot.
6. I had my eyeballs checked. They are -.25 worse than they were before. (May 29, 2009)
7. My boyfriend and I took a Wilderness First Aid Course. I highly recommend it for anyone who goes out into the wild.
8. I saw the movie “Up.”
9. While jogging, I was charged by 2 dogs. One was a boxer, the other looked like a golden retriever, except that it was black. I yelled at the dogs to leave me alone and then proceeded to yell at the 2 owners who had their dogs, unleashed and uncontrolled.
10. I’ve been taking advantage of “summer hours” at work.
11. Kayaked 5 miles down the Little Miami River.
12. Hiked the Adena Trace Trail along Brookville Lake in Indiana with my boyfriend. It took us 7.5 hours to go 12.5 miles. We saw 2 toads, 2 tadpoles, 4 turtles, 2 deer, bunches of squirrels and bunches of snails. It poured down on us twice. (June 14, 2009)
13. Purchased a new digital camera.
14. Jogged the entire Hyde Park Blast Fun Run. Here are my stats: distance-4miles; time-43:52; pace-10:43. (June 27, 2009)
15. Decided that I really need to stop buying Healthy Choice Pizzas, because no matter how much I think they’ll be delicious and “not that bad for me,” they’re disgusting.
16. Um, did I mention I journeyed back to the homeland? (July 3, 2009)
17. And that my boyfriend came up for the second week?
18. We climbed Lazy Mountain, some of us fell, we went to Seward, did a wildlife cruise, camped, saw Exit Glacier, climbed Bodenburg Butte, drove to Denali National Park, took a shuttle bus, saw bears, camped, and enjoyed being with my family that’s in Alaska.
19. Started and continue to harvest cherry tomatoes and big tomatoes from the plants my boyfriend and I planted this spring.
20. I finished reading these books:
b. When You Are Engulfed in Flames—David Sedaris
d. Orbiting the Giant Hairball—Gordan MacKenzie
21. I recommend all of these books except for the first.